Greenville, SC, is a great place to be in June with so many free, fun and family-friendly things to do. Our tree-lined downtown is filled with boutiques, nightspots, unique coffee houses and a myriad of restaurants offering just about every kind of cuisine imaginable. The Reedy River runs through downtown and Falls Park, a 32-acre green space with a breath-taking cantilever walking bridge.
For more outdoors, hike or bike the 20-mile Swamp Rabbit Trail, a multi-use greenway running from downtown all the way to Travelers Rest. Paris Mountain and the Pisgah Forest are both just a short drive away. And don’t miss our own “Green Monster” (a Fenway Park lookalike) while pulling for our hometown baseball team, the Greenville Drive!
If you prefer the great indoors, check out our museums for kids, art lovers, baseball fans, history fanatics, car enthusiasts and more. There are multiple theater companies, dance companies, and the Peace Center, showcasing everything from Broadway shows to the hottest touring bands. Prefer more music? We have our own world-class Symphony, local classical music, and lots of nighttime venues for jazz, rock, blues and good old southern music – not to leave out comedy!
Greenville, SC is located halfway between Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC along I-85 and is nestled below the Appalachian Mountains just south of Asheville NC – less than four hours from the ocean and Charleston, SC.
For more information about our beautiful, people-friendly city:
Free or Really Cheap Things to do
- Swamp Rabbit Trail a 20-mile multi-use greenway system for bikes and hikes that runs along the Reedy River connecting Greenville County.
- Paris Mountain State Park – a mountain just 15 minutes from downtown!
- Downtown Trolley – Free! Hop on and off any place along the route
- Greenville County Museum of Art Closed Mon Tue
- Mice on Main
- Self-guided walking tours
- Saturday Farmers Market Each Saturday May through Oct, 8:30am to 12:30pm on Main Street
- BWM Zentrum Museum Mon – Fri from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum Open Sat 10 – 2pm
- The SC Confederate Museum Closed Tue & Thu
- Upstate Shakespeare Festival Memorial Day weekend – August Thu – Sun at 7pm Falls Park (NOT performed during June Chautauqua Festival)
- Runway Park at Greenville Downtown Airport – educational amphitheater, exercise “Perimeter Taxiway,” walking “runways” as well as aviation themed playground equipment and picnic area and the US Military History Museum (Museum open Sat & Sun 9 – 4) – all Free!
- Upcountry History Museum $6-8 Closed Mon
- Children’s Museum Child $9, Adult $10 (must be accompanied by a child)
- Greenville Drive Baseball downtown Fenway Park-like stadium $8-16 April – August
- Greenville Zoo $5.50-9.75 Daily 9am – 4:15pm (10am in winter months)