Greenville SC is a great place to be in June with so many free, fun and family friendly things to do. Our downtown is tree lined with great shopping and restaurants. The Reedy River runs through downtown and Falls Park (a 32-acre downtown park with a breath-taking cantilever walking bridge.)
For more outdoors, hike or bike the 20 Mile Swamp Rabbit Trail a multi-use greenway that starts downtown and goes all the way to Travelers Rest. And we also have Paris Mountain just minutes from downtown, and a downtown baseball stadium!
If you prefer indoors, we have museums for kids, art lovers, baseball fans, history fanatics, car enthusiasts and more. There are multiple theater companies, dance companies, and the Peace Center where every major traveling show wants to perform! Prefer music? We have our own world class Symphony, local classical music, and lots of nighttime venues for jazz, rock, blues and good old southern music – not to leave out comedy!
Greenville, SC is located halfway between Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC along I-85 and is nestled below the Appalachian Mountains just south of Asheville NC – and less than four hours from the ocean and Charleston, SC.
For more information about our beautiful, people-friendly city:
Greenville Visitors Center
206 S. Main St., City Hall Lobby
Greenville, SC 29601
phone: (864) 233-0461, toll free: (800) 717-0023
City of Greenville (Official website link)
Discover Upcountry Carolina
500 E. North Street, PO Box 3116
Greenville, SC 29602
phone: (864) 233-2690, toll free: (800) 849-4766
Things to do During the Chautauqua Festival
- Swamp Rabbit Trail a 20 mile a multi-use greenway system for bikes and hikes that runs along the Reedy River connecting Greenville County.
- Paris Mountain State Park – a mountain 15 minutes from downtown!
- Downtown Trolley – hop on and off any place along the route
- Greenville County Museum of Art Closed Mon Tue
- Mice on Main
- Self-guided walking tours
- Saturday Farmers Market May – Oct 8:30am to 12:30pm
- BWM Zentrum Museum Mon – Fri from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum Open Sat 10 – 2pm
- The SC Confederate Museum Closed Tue & Thu
- Upstate Shakespeare Festival Memorial Day weekend – August Thu – Sun at 7pm Falls Park (NOT performed during June Chautauqua Festival)
- Runway Park at Greenville Downtown Airport – educational amphitheater, exercise “Perimeter Taxiway,” walking “runways” as well as aviation themed playground equipment and picnic area.
- Upcountry History Museum $3-5 Closed Mon
- Children’s Museum Child $9, Adult $10 (must be accompanied by a child)
- Greenville Drive Baseball downtown Fenway Park-like stadium $5-8 April – August
- Greenville Zoo $5.50-8.75 Daily 9am – 5pm (10am in winter months)